Monday, September 12, 2005

House Hunting...

I've been checking out rooms for rent in San Francisco, and it's like I'm Golidlocks or something. "Those girls are too square, that guy was creepy... Ah, this one's just right!" I had three appointments yesterday from 1:30pm to 7pm. The first two were not very encouraging, so by the time 7pm rolled around, I was tired and not feeling too optomistic.

Then I walked in and met everyone. The people are totally cool. It's a household of six, gender balanced and all really good friends. I have the feeling that I'm totally going to love one of the other girls. She is so cute! And the guys are really fun and love razzing each other. It would be so wonderful to live with a bunch of cool people who actually like living with each other! Nobody seems too uptight about other people's habits, and they have separate boys and girls bathrooms, which is such a great idea.

It's basically a jump right in and do your thing kind of atmosphere, which is awesome. It's a crazy huge warehouse space that is in utter chaos. They tell me that they're going to clean it up soon because they're planning to hold an art show, but I'm kinda skeptical. And I'm fine with it either way. I love the fluidity of the main room, they invite you to participate and do what you want with the space. They had just ripped up one of the bathrooms and were in the process of painting it fire-engine red. They have a serial killer themed guest room, of all things, and their household hobby is sitting around the huge table playing Scrabble and drinking beer. The bedrooms are huge! Well, I am hoping to be moving into what looked like the smallest one, but even that one is much bigger than the other rooms I've been looking at. Definitely room for my sewing area as well as comfortable living space. They don't mind if I bring my birds. Oh, it is just so perfect!

This is the environment I want to live in. It is a perfect vehicle for creative manifestation and experimentation. I love it! It's crazy and fun and almost too good to be true. On the way home, I found myself thinking, "I wonder if they'd mind if I put in a trapeeze?" I really hope they pick me. Cross your fingers for me, would you??? I'm so nervous and excited, I can't wait to hear back from them!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so did you get the room? I've had my fingers and toes crossed for you. (makes me walk funny, so I hope you got it, so I can uncross soon) :P

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home