Saturday, December 16, 2006

Bah Humbug and a Happy New Year!

Well, well, well. How did it get to be halfway through December already?!? Time sure flies when you're having fun, non? The holiday season is upon us, and even I'm getting a little sucked in. I'm usually the biggest Bah Humbug around, but this is shaping up to be a really good season for me. I'm going to So. Cal. to see my mom and my brother for Christmas, which will be the first time I've seen them in over two years. I thought moving back to California would mean seeing more of my family, but it hasn't meant that at all! Well maybe it will in 2007!

So what do I see in my crystal ball as I look forward to 2007? This is going to be a year for focus, focus, focus! Last year was a real doozie and I made a LOT of big changes in my life, but now it's time for a new modus operandi. I've got to accept the fact that I cannot just jump headfirst into every project I want to do. There's just not enough time in the day. So this year I'm going to be very choosy about how I spend my time, which projects I will start. I've already made a priority list.

I'm also going to follow some very good career advice I read in some women's magazine at some point: "Make a to do list every day. Start with the things that offer the biggest and most immediate payoff and work your way down." That's it. Pretty simple. Sounds so obvious, but it makes such a difference when you follow it! No more getting caught up in fun projects that don't go anywhere. Focus, focus, focus.

I'm really excited to see what 2007 brings. So many things are opening up right now, and I'm excited to see where they go! What are you looking forward to in 2007?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Betty,

I hope you have fun in SoCal.

"Randy"

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yes! i hear ya on the focusing m.o. focusing, prioritizing, choosing wisely. that's what i'm planning to do in the coming year as well.

have a wonderful holiday visit in socal!

see you next year.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home